Sorry for the misleading name but you will find some posts that are specifically about walking in London. The rest is the other stuff I get up to.

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Happy New Year

So, Christmas is over - been back at work almost 2 days and I've got a cold starting. Smashing.

Here's a picture of our Chritsmas tree (which is now back in the loft) to try to wring out the last of the Christmas cheer.
The Tree

I don't do Resolutions - but I've set myself a task this year, in an effort to keep my weight at a reasonable level. I'm aiming to cover 2,011 miles in 2011, and although this would traditionally be Walk/Run/Swim/Cycle, I dont run or cycle and my favorite pool doesn't reopen until 2012.

So far I'm about 20% down with 5 days gone and 360 to go. Maybe I'll need to fix my bike up later in the year to catch up.

And just for reference, I made a huge effort to walk more in 2010 and managed 1495 miles, so the 2011 challange will be a big one.

No comments: