Sorry for the misleading name but you will find some posts that are specifically about walking in London. The rest is the other stuff I get up to.

Thursday 21 October 2010

2,517,407 Steps

Quick update on the steps front - I am currently on 2,517,407. That's a little over 1,250 miles since January 1st and well on target for my planned 1,500 miles for the year. That is as long as we don't get torrential rain for the rest of the year.

I'm still not sure how I'm going to manage 2,011 miles in 2011 - I'm guessing I'll have to keep up the 7500-8500 step average and then go for some massive walks to top it up. I'll be interested to see how that works out.

In other news:
In the 12 months since 14th October 2009 to 14th October 2010 I've managed to go from 196lb to 178lb, increasing both water intake, and fruit and veg and I've smoked nothing in that period as well.

So well done me.

The target for the next 15 months is to loose some more weight. I'm feeling much better than I did at 14 stone, but at over 12 and half stone I'm still on the heavy side. According to the BMI calculators I should be between 10 and 11 stone, but I think that's probably optimistic. So target weight is 160lbs.

If that goes well then the only thing left would be to get the alcohol intake down. My average units per week are probably between 3 and 4 as they should be, but too much of that tends to be in one sitting. Anyway - no plans to change that until 2012!

No comments: