Sorry for the misleading name but you will find some posts that are specifically about walking in London. The rest is the other stuff I get up to.

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Study

It's been a little while since I accepted my Open University degree. It doesn't feel like it, but apparently it was 2009. So now I've almost completely forgotten the pain of study, it must be time to do another course.
     If I choose the right course, then that should leave me with a BA (Hons) Literature rather that the non-honours BA Open that I currently have. And according to the online calculator, I just need a bare pass (grade 4) to get an overall 2.1 grade for my degree, or if I manage a Grade 2 pass or above, then I'll get a First.
     I'm sure that this all seems rather unlikely if you knew me at school, particularly if you ever tried to teach me anything - but there you go.
     So, course chosen, EA300 Children's Literature.
Main reason for going for this course is that I've already read half the course material, and I'm worried that some of the other courses might be a bit dry.
     I've fired an email off to the OU to check that I can do what I think I can, and I've pre-registered for the course, starting October 2011.

Update 26/01/11:
     Got a reply - Normally, If you've got a degree you can still use some of the courses to count towards another degree or other qualification - but some courses must be unique to the new qualification, in the specific case of the BA Hons Literature, 120 points, or 2 courses. But because my current degree is specifically a Non-honours Open Degree, then I can do this with only 60 points.
     My original question was 'Can I upgrade my 300 point Open degree to a 360 point Literature degree by doing a single 60 point level 3 course?'
     The answer is No. Because we don't call it upgrading. But if you do the 60 point course (from a choice of 4) then you will then have the qualification you want.
    
So that's Yes. Hopefully.

No comments: